Our gourmet chocolate is handcrafted daily in small batches from the finest, freshest, and all natural ingredients. To fully appreciate the quality and flavor please enjoy our chocolates within the timeframe listed below whenever possible. Chocolates are often good for much longer than the listed times below, but we do not recommend prolonging their shelf-life past the date listed on the package as the flavor and quality may suffer:
- Always store chocolate out of direct sunlight in a cool dry environment between 64° and 68°F. If stored in temperatures higher than those listed above, the chocolate will soften or melt.
- Keep chocolate away from sources of strong odors as it absorbs the scents surrounding it.
- Frozen chocolate maintains its freshness up to 6 months. If you plan on freezing your chocolate, put them in an airtight bag then wrap tightly in several layers of foil. Defrost by placing in the fridge for 24 hours then move to room temperature.
- Do not store chocolates in the refrigerator as they will pick up scents (onion, meat, veggies etc.) and may bloom (develop a whitish appearance).
- Truffles – within 1 month or enjoy by date
Caramels – within 2 months or enjoy by date
Hot Cocoas – within 3 months or enjoy by date
Chocolate Bars – within 6 months or enjoy by date
Barks – within 6 months or enjoy by date
Chocolates do not get better by age, so enjoy sooner rather than later!
Craft chocolate is a style of production that makes chocolate directly from the bean in small artisan-sized batches. This allows for greater diversity and intensity of flavors to be created.
Dark chocolate has proven to be a powerful source of antioxidants. Also, there has been years of research proving dark chocolate may lower the risk of heart disease and improve blood pressure. Even if you’re not enjoying dark chocolate for the health benefits, the emotional benefit of dark chocolate is effective in itself! In conclusion, chocolate improves your mood and helps regulate it.
Single origin means that the chocolate is made using cacao beans from one specific place or “origin.” example is our Volta Bar from Peru- Some of the best cacao in the world has transformed into this single origin 72% Peru craft dark chocolate bar. This chocolate has natural nutty notes you can taste and smell, and a very smooth finish. In addition, hints of coffee, citrus, and banana can be found as well.
We carefully select and buy the best cacao beans for a particular chocolate profile. They we roast, grind, refine, conch, temper, and mold the bar.
The whole process is 100% handcrafted. Making our own chocolate in-house improves the overall quality of the chocolate and produces a cleaner product. Made on a small scale to showcase the natural flavors inherent within high quality cacao beans. Learn more
We are happy to customize anything for you. We can include small notes, custom logo tags, personal cards, specialty ribbon colors, or anything else you’d like to send the important people in your life! Beautiful. Elegant and Personal.
RECEIVE SPECIAL SAVINGS STARTING WITH ORDERS
• ORDERS $500-$1,500 (BEFORE SHIPPING) = 5% DISCOUNT
• $1,501-$3,000 (BEFORE SHIPPING) = 10% DISCOUNT
• $3,000+ (BEFORE SHIPPING) = 15% DISCOUNT
We can add your company LOGO to select gifts with a one time setup fee.
Contact our corporate sales department at email@example.com for more information.
Karen Neugebauer is internationally recognized as being a leader in the artisan chocolate industry and is the owner and Master Chocolatier of Forte Chocolates, located about an hour north of Seattle in beautiful Mount Vernon, Washington. To get more information or to contact Chef Karen for custom projects/consulting services please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-982-2159.